Last Updated: 11th February 2020
Thank you for joining the Give A Dinner Party community.
GADP is an online platform to facilitate offline sharing, where our community of users can create, list, book and attend events or gatherings, while contributing to charity.
2. Information we Collect
2.1 Information you give us
There are three (3) general types of information we collect.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary to use the GADP Website and Services
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Website and Service. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the Website and Services. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features.
- Sign-up details: When you sign up for a GADP Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, month and year of birth, postcode, gender and relationship status.
- Profile and Event Listing details: To use certain features of the Website and Services (such as searching for matching Events, or Events being Hosted by like-minded Users), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, telephone number, profile picture and information about yourself that you deem important eg Hobbies, Interests, Ethnic origin, languages you speak etc. This is in order for our algorithms to ‘match you’ with other like-minded users that may lead to potential new friendships.
- Payment details: To use certain features of the Website and Services (such as booking Event Tickets and Event Listing), we may ask you to provide your PayPal or Card Payment Detailss to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Communications with GADP and other Members: When you communicate with GADP or use the Website and Services to communicate with other Members, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give to us
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Website and Services. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile details: You may choose to provide additional information as part of your GADP Account (such as gender, language(s) spoken, sexuality, ethnicity, interests and hobbies, and a biography). Some of this information as indicated in the Sign-Up form is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other information: You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your GADP Account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, communicate with GADP, share your experience with us (such as through SNS), or use other features of the Website and Services.
2.1.3 Information we automatically collect from your use of the Website and Services
When you use the Website and Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Website and Services.
- Log data and Device information: When you use GADP, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) and device information that your browser sends whenever you access or use the Website and Services, regardless if you are registered with GADP or logged-in to your GADP account. Such information may include, your IP address, (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Website and Services.
- Geo-location information: When you use certain features of the Website and Services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience.
- Usage information: We collect information about your interactions with the Website and Services such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Events, ticket bookings you have made, and other actions on the Website and Services.
- Do Not Track Signals: While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Website and Services currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardisation regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. GADP collects information related to your payment transactions through PayPal, including the date and time and payment amount, PayPal email address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the Website and Services and to allow the provision of PayPal as a payment provider.
- Children’s Data
GADP is not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18. If you believe that we are processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
3. Purposes of Information we Collect
3.1 Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with GADP Policies and Guidelines) such as to:
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or compare your profile photo to another photo you provide,
- detect and prevent fraud, abuse, spam, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- enforce our Terms and other Policies and Guidelines,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Website and Services, your profile information and other content you submit to the Website and Services, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, we may restrict or suspend access to the Website and Services if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Website and Services, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting GADP, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.2 Provide, improve, understand, and develop the Website and Services to:
- enable you to access and use the Website and Services,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimise the Website and Services and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- enable you to communicate with other Members, and
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimise the Website and Services and experience, and personalise and customise your experience (such as making Event Listing suggestions, ranking search results), we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Website and Services, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Website and Services.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Website and Services and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of our contract with you.
3.3 Provide, measure, personalise, and improve our advertising and marketing to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about GADP or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram),
- personalise, measure, and improve our advertising,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Website and Services, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by GADP or its third party partners,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any GADP Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have a GADP Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities (for example, when you share your Hosting experience, we may use the information provided to reach out to you to invite you to relevant events).
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 Your choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive:
- You can limit the information you provide to GADP. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that GADP sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labelled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the Email Settings in your GADP Account.
- To revoke permissions that you may have given to send promotional text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
- You can always update your Email Settings within your GADP Account by visiting the Email Settings section of your GADP Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations or fraud alerts.
4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
4.1 Service providers
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
4.2 Sharing between Members
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions with Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information with other Members, to enable the adequate necessary performance of the Website and Services for your use, such as:
4.2.1 When you submit a request to book for an Event, your first name and first alphabet of your surname will become visible to the Host (and Co-Host if applicable). We only share your phone number with other users of the Website when they have booked and paid to attend your listed Event.
4.2.2 When your request to book tickets to an Event is accepted by the Host, or when you accept a Guest’s request to book at your Event, we will disclose some of your personal information to the Host or Guest (such as your Event location address and telephone number). Your billing and payment information will never be shared with another user.
4.2.2 When a Guest attends your Event or when you attend an Event, we will ask you to review the Guest or the Host. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Website.
4.3 Profiles, Event Listings and Other public information
The Website and Services lets you publish information, including personal information (but not personally identifiable information), that is visible to the general public. Such as:
4.3.1 Your public Event page will include some minimum information such as the city where the Event is located, your Event description, and your public profile photo. Parts of your public Event page may be displayed on other parts of the Website and Services to other users for marketing.
4.3.2Parts of your public profile that contain some personal information may be displayed in other parts of the Website and Services to other users for marketing purposes, such as your first name and first alphabet of your surname and city.
4.3.3Your public profile and Event pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. The Website and Services allows your public profile and Event pages to be included in search engines. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing expired or outdated information, including any information that has been indexed before you change the information on your public profile or Event pages.
4.3.4 If you submit content in a social media post, blog, or use a similar feature on the Website and Services, that content is publicly visible.
4.4 Social media, Sharing with your consent
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorise a third party application or website to access your GADP Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by GADP partners or third parties.
4.4.1 You may link your account with a third party social networking site to your GADP account. A person’s contacts on these third party sites are known as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
- Some of the information you provide us from the linkage of accounts may be published on your GADP account profile;
- Your activities on the Website may be displayed to your Friends on that third party site;
- The information you provide to us from the linked accounts may be stored, transmitted and processed for fraud prevention purposes.
The publication and display of information that you provide to GADP through the linkage of accounts is subject to your settings and authorisations on the Website and the third party site.
4.5 Compliance with law, Responding to legal requests, Preventing harm and Protection of our rights
GADP may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorised third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against GADP, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms, Policies and/ or Guidelines or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of GADP, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the GADP Website and Services secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon GADP’s property, its Members and the Website and Services. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.6 Business transfer by GADP
We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
4.7 Aggregated data
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymised information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4.8 Securing your personal information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store.
4.9 When you access third party websites and resources
4.10 Event information provided to GADP for Corporate Members
If you have a GADP Account on behalf of your Company, and you are hosting and Event for business purposes, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Company to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of GADP’s contract with the Company. Typically, this includes information related to the booking, such as Guests’profile name, number of guests, pricing, Event Listing details, the Event address, reviews and feedback, and other related information. At the request of you or your Company, we may also disclose this information to service providers engaged by it, such as companies that provide financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services. In the event of a dispute, emergency, or similar situation involving a booking identified as being for business purposes, GADP may also share additional relevant information it believes is necessary to safely and quickly address the situation.
5. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section with GADP’s Data Protection Compliance Officer and by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
5.1 How to change or delete your information, Cancel your account
You may review, update, edit or delete the personal information in your GADP Account. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. If you would like to correct your information, you can do so by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your GADP Account entirely, please go ‘Privacy Settings’ and click on the relevant link. Please also note that any non-personally identifiable information may continue to be publicly available on the Website and Services even after your GADP account is cancelled.
5.2 For users residing in the EU – Your rights to review and update information
If you reside in the EU, you may request in writing copies of your personal information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after receiving a valid request in writing. There may be a charge to access your personal data (which will not exceed £15 in the United Kingdom). We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to keep your information accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant information and notify you within 40 days of your valid request that the relevant action has been taken.
You may also request the erasure of your personal information if you believe we are otherwise in breach of relevant data protection legislation. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer, at email@example.com. There is no charge for making such a request.
5.3 Data retention
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an GADP Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that GADP Account to prevent that Member from opening a new GADP Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, GADP may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Some copies of your information (such as log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Website and Services to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
7. Got Questions?
When you access or use the Website and Services, GADP may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Website experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Website are created per session, does not include any information about you, other than your session key and are removed as your session ends (usually after 24 hours).
Two types of cookies are used on the Website, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies“.
It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. Further explained below, are on third parties who may place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.